Glenwood Middle School
By: Amanda Carson, Grade 7
About this recipe:
“I have taken one of our family’s favorite recipes and have made a healthier version. The recipe was relatively healthy to begin with but I changed some ingredients and was able to reduce the calories, carbohydrates, fat and sugar content This is a quick, healthy recipe for the whole family to enjoy.”
“This competition is important to me because I love to cook and it is my passion and I want to share that with people. I love this recipe because it is so flavorful, easy, and something anyone can do.”
4 – 7 pieces of flatbread
1/4 cup sugar-free peach preserves
2 cups shredded roasted chicken
4 ounces of sliced Brie
2 nectarines, pitted and sliced
3 cups baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup bottled Fat Free Italian dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pieces of flatbread on a baking sheet.
- Brush preserves over flatbread to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Layer chicken, brie, and nectarines on the flatbread.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are glolden and cheese just begins to melt.
- Top with greens and drizzle with dressing.
- (Makes 4 servings)
Replace your regular ole’ Fried Chicken for our fake-out Baked Crispy Wonton Chicken Legs. If you’re tired of spending an extra hour at the gym just to work off the calories you inhaled at your last football party, then move over greasy fingers, this makeover’s for you! By removing the skin off your chicken legs and replacing it with egg roll wonton wrappers, you’ll be able to eat and keep your stylish figure.